Annual Membership & Ticketed Events
All outdoor events at the Festival are free and do not require tickets or reservations.
All indoor Conversations require tickets, with service fees of various levels applying to each ticket.
Festival Conversation tickets will be available for reservation beginning Saturday, April 11 at 9 AM at via this web page.
Special Ticketed Events
Join Us for the 40th annual Los Angeles Times Book Prizes ceremony on April 17th! General admission and VIP tickets on sale soon.
Annual Memberships – Friend of the Festival
The Los Angeles Times Festival of Books relies on support from many parts of our community in order to keep the Festival free to attend. Be a part of that community and help ensure that the Festival continues to thrive by becoming a Friend of the Festival.
Friend of the Festival Membership — Sales start March 12
- Opportunity to reserve up to twenty 2020 Festival of Books Conversation tickets, free of any service charges, before they are made available to the general public
- One official Festival of Books 2020 poster.
- A special exclusive Friend of the Festival pin, available only through this program. (while supplies last).
- Four free tickets to the 2020 Los Angeles Times Book Prizes ceremony (while supplies last).
- First access to purchase discounted valet parking for the event (while supplies last).
- Special book related offers and first-alerts throughout the next 12 months, including first alerts regarding LA Times Book Club and Ideas Exchange events
- Exclusive opportunity to suggest programming ideas for the 2020 Festival of Books
- 6-month digital subscription to the LA Times (new subscribers only)
Friend of the Festival packages will be available at both existing-subscriber and new-subscriber price points beginning March 12, 2020..
- Credential for one person to access all 2020 Festival of Books indoor Conversations, no advance tickets or reservations required. Credential does include tickets to all daytime special events within the Festival (Ideas Exchange events, etc) but does not include tickets to any special programming at USC held after the closing hours of the Festival
- Valet parking for both days of the 2019 Festival of Books ($60 value)
- One free Festival of Books mug ($15 value) (while supplies last).